GILAS Pilipinas gave no. 5 seed Serbia a good scare before falling down the stretch, 73-83 in their FIBA Olympic Qualifying tournament held early Thursday morning (Manila time) at the Aleksandar Nikolic Hall in Belgrade, Serbia.
Despite the loss, Gilas Pilipinas came up close for a possible win after battling a 16-point deficit for a short 74-73 lead with 3:50 left in regulation.
From then, seven foot four NBA player Boban Marjanovic took charge scoring Serbia’s 10 points that halted a possible Gilas Pilipinas comeback. He finished with 25 points and 10 boards.
Ange Kouame, naturalized player for team Gilas Pilipinas led with 17 points while Jordan Heading who started in behalf of Dwight Ramos had 15 while Kai Sotto wound up with 10.
Gilas Pilipinas will next take on Dominican Republic on July 2, 2:30 a.m. Manila time.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB