GILAS Pilipinas gave no. 5 seed Serbia a good scare before falling down the stretch, 73-83 in their FIBA Olympic Qualifying tournament held early Thursday morning (Manila time) at the Aleksandar Nikolic Hall in Belgrade, Serbia.
Despite the loss, Gilas Pilipinas came up close for a possible win after battling a 16-point deficit for a short 74-73 lead with 3:50 left in regulation.
From then, seven foot four NBA player Boban Marjanovic took charge scoring Serbia’s 10 points that halted a possible Gilas Pilipinas comeback. He finished with 25 points and 10 boards.
Ange Kouame, naturalized player for team Gilas Pilipinas led with 17 points while Jordan Heading who started in behalf of Dwight Ramos had 15 while Kai Sotto wound up with 10.
Gilas Pilipinas will next take on Dominican Republic on July 2, 2:30 a.m. Manila time.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF