MAYOR Sara Duterte assured the residents that the city government is preparing assistance in case the city is placed under the stricter Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) due to the surge in COVID-19 cases.
“Wala pa ta nag check kung naa ta kwarta ug naa budget during an ECQ but of course that we will ensure that we will give ayuda,” Duterte said over the Mayor said over City Operated Radio live interview on Monday.
The Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine is set to expire on June 30.
Duterte said the city government relies solely on the national government in relation to quarantine qualification.
This developed as the mayor also announced that the city government is preparing its biggest temporary treatment and monitoring facility.
She said the facility, called Van City, has about 400 beds in capacity, although she admitted that preparing the facility takes time because of its sheer size.
She said the facility is among the three facilities that the city government is preparing.
At present, the city has used 1,974 beds out of 2,425 total beds.
The mayor also urged residents to continue following the minimum health standards as there is a possibility that the national government will extend the MECQ status.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus