MAYOR Sara Duterte assured the residents that the city government is preparing assistance in case the city is placed under the stricter Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) due to the surge in COVID-19 cases.
“Wala pa ta nag check kung naa ta kwarta ug naa budget during an ECQ but of course that we will ensure that we will give ayuda,” Duterte said over the Mayor said over City Operated Radio live interview on Monday.
The Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine is set to expire on June 30.
Duterte said the city government relies solely on the national government in relation to quarantine qualification.
This developed as the mayor also announced that the city government is preparing its biggest temporary treatment and monitoring facility.
She said the facility, called Van City, has about 400 beds in capacity, although she admitted that preparing the facility takes time because of its sheer size.
She said the facility is among the three facilities that the city government is preparing.
At present, the city has used 1,974 beds out of 2,425 total beds.
The mayor also urged residents to continue following the minimum health standards as there is a possibility that the national government will extend the MECQ status.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success