SOLDERS of the 26th Infantry Battalion seized seven high-powered firearms during an encounter between the group and members of the New People’s Army in Sitio Kimambukadyang, Brgy. Binicalan, San Luis, Agusan del Sur, on June 22.
Second Lieutenant Cecille Tapa, Civil-Military Operation officer, said the armed clash lasted for 20 minutes and resulted in the recovery of the firearms, one AK47 rifle, three M16 rifle, two M653 Carbine and one Garand rifle.
Also recovered were a handheld radio, two cellular phones and other personal belongings believed to be of the rebels. The armed group also left behind their food supplies.
The military report said the armed group was composed of 16 members and that the encounter took place when someone informed the military unit about the camp of the group in the village.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success