SOLDERS of the 26th Infantry Battalion seized seven high-powered firearms during an encounter between the group and members of the New People’s Army in Sitio Kimambukadyang, Brgy. Binicalan, San Luis, Agusan del Sur, on June 22.
Second Lieutenant Cecille Tapa, Civil-Military Operation officer, said the armed clash lasted for 20 minutes and resulted in the recovery of the firearms, one AK47 rifle, three M16 rifle, two M653 Carbine and one Garand rifle.
Also recovered were a handheld radio, two cellular phones and other personal belongings believed to be of the rebels. The armed group also left behind their food supplies.
The military report said the armed group was composed of 16 members and that the encounter took place when someone informed the military unit about the camp of the group in the village.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy