“The things athletes and sports players learn in the playing field transcend to real life, especially at crucial times like a pandemic. When faced with difficulties and challenges, that is when our characters are tested.” said PSC Chairman William ‘Butch’ Ramirez, adding sports is not just about competition but also about important life skills.
The episode will feature College of Human Kinetics assistant professor Robin Darwin Tuliao of the Cagayan State University. He is a multi-medalist Cagayanon in athletics, who used to serve as Program Coordinator for the Graduate School in Physical Education at the Taipei American School in Taiwan. He is a certified Group Suspension Training Specialist, a certified kinesiology taping practitioner, a licensed professional teacher, and an accredited International Amateur Athletics Federation Level 1 National Technical Official and Coach for Athletics.
Tuliao will be joined by professor Trinidad Lumna, Chairperson of the Bachelor of Physical Education (BPE) of Tarlac State University and Anne Daphien Baisa from Sienna College Quezon City. The show will be hosted by Arlene Ong, the first lay dean of the College Department of Sienna College Quezon City.
Professor Lumna is a former lawn tennis player during her younger days and also served as a coach for individual and team sports. While Baisa is a licensed Physical Education teacher and a volleyball coach in Siena College Quezon City.
PSC Women in Sports oversight Commissioner Celia Kiram has always been vocal about the positive impact of sports in empowering young girls and women in the country. She maintains that female representation in sports heavily contributes to shaping young girls and women to their full potential.
“Seeing women athletes play and compete means girls are strong too, both in sports and real life. Sports is a platform to make young girls more equipped for life’s challenges,” said Kiram.
PSC’s Rise Up, Shape Up is a weekly web series streamed via Facebook and YouTube every Saturdays at 10:30 AM and Sundays at 7PM. For more information on Rise Up, Shape Up, visit its official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/riseupshapeup and YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/riseupshapeup. (PR)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success