Fillipino-Japanese judoka Kiyomi Watanabe formalized her entry to the Tokyo Olympics after the International Judo Federation confirmed its final Olympic rankings last Wednesday, June 23.
The 24-year-old Cebuana placed 41st in the women’s -63 kg with 1,506 points to earn an Olympic debut after having successful stint in last 2019’s Southeast Asian (SEA) Games.
She will join the Philippine contingent that already features EJ Obiena (pole vault), Carlos Yulo (gymnastics), Hidilyn Diaz and Elreen Ando (weightlifting), Eumir Marcial, Irish Magno, Carlo Paalam and Nesthy Petecio (boxing), Criz Nievarez (rowing), Kurt Barbosa (taekwondo), Margielyn Didal (skateboarding), Jayson Valdez (shooting), and Juvic Pagunsan (golf).
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course