Fillipino-Japanese judoka Kiyomi Watanabe formalized her entry to the Tokyo Olympics after the International Judo Federation confirmed its final Olympic rankings last Wednesday, June 23.
The 24-year-old Cebuana placed 41st in the women’s -63 kg with 1,506 points to earn an Olympic debut after having successful stint in last 2019’s Southeast Asian (SEA) Games.
She will join the Philippine contingent that already features EJ Obiena (pole vault), Carlos Yulo (gymnastics), Hidilyn Diaz and Elreen Ando (weightlifting), Eumir Marcial, Irish Magno, Carlo Paalam and Nesthy Petecio (boxing), Criz Nievarez (rowing), Kurt Barbosa (taekwondo), Margielyn Didal (skateboarding), Jayson Valdez (shooting), and Juvic Pagunsan (golf).
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat