Fillipino-Japanese judoka Kiyomi Watanabe formalized her entry to the Tokyo Olympics after the International Judo Federation confirmed its final Olympic rankings last Wednesday, June 23.
The 24-year-old Cebuana placed 41st in the women’s -63 kg with 1,506 points to earn an Olympic debut after having successful stint in last 2019’s Southeast Asian (SEA) Games.
She will join the Philippine contingent that already features EJ Obiena (pole vault), Carlos Yulo (gymnastics), Hidilyn Diaz and Elreen Ando (weightlifting), Eumir Marcial, Irish Magno, Carlo Paalam and Nesthy Petecio (boxing), Criz Nievarez (rowing), Kurt Barbosa (taekwondo), Margielyn Didal (skateboarding), Jayson Valdez (shooting), and Juvic Pagunsan (golf).
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange