THE CITY Government has administered more than 184,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses since starting its inoculation program in March.
As of June 21, 2021, authorities have so far administered 184,123 jabs. These include 149,095 first doses and 35,028 for the second doses.
Currently, the city is focusing on providing COVID-19 shots to healthcare workers, senior citizens, and people with comorbidities.
Those fully vaccinated include 23,259 healthcare workers or those who belong to Priority Group A1.
Of the senior citizens (A2), 65,231 have received their first dose while 9,769 have been fully vaccinated. The Davao City Vaccination Cluster also said 2,000 persons with comorbidities (A3) have received their two doses, while 48,645 have received their first dose.
The city government has inoculated individuals with first and second doses of different COVID-19 vaccines available in the city, which include Sinovac, AstraZeneca, and Pfizer while authorities have started injecting first doses of Gamaleya’s Sputnik V vaccines with 377 jabs.
Davao City is expecting more deliveries of COVID-19 shots as the National COVID-19 Task Force promised to send more vaccines, especially in areas frequently experiencing case surges.
Authorities urged individuals to register and get vaccinated while reminding the public to continue wearing face masks and face shields and observe physical distancing.
The city government aims to vaccinate 70 percent of Davao City’s total population to achieve herd immunity against the infectious coronavirus disease. As of Tuesday, the city has recorded 22,151 COVID-19 cases, 4,701 of which remained active cases, as well as 834 deaths.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange