EIGHTY-FOUR vintage bombs were unearthed in Purok 11, Naraval Road, Calinan Poblacion this city on Wednesday.
Maj. Jake Files, the commander of Calinan Police Station, said the Davao City Police Office- Explosive Ordnance/ K9 Team arrived and recovered one 81mm mortar high explosive, and TF Davao EOD team recovered 18 rounds of corroded cartridges of 81 mm mortar high explosive and four rounds of corroded cartridges of mortar illuminator.
Moreover, in the actual site where the vintage bombs were found, the joint team of DCPO and Task Force Davao EOD recovered 47 rounds of corroded cartridges of 81 mm mortar high explosives and 15 rounds of corroded cartridges of mortar illuminator.
Accordingly, at about 10:30 a.m. on the same date, Ubaldo Nueva Navia, a JV Angeles foreman, reported that one of their backhoe operators informed him that he was able to unearthed several vintage bombs and were transported to their dumpsite located in Barangay Lacson, Calinan District.
“The prompt reporting of the community led to the safe disposal of vintage explosives that might be hazardous and might compromise the safety of the people, especially those working in the aforesaid area where the bombs were discovered,” Goles said.
The TF Davao EOD took custody of the 84 combined 81mm mortar high explosives and Illuminator. The Davao City EOD took custody of one 8mm mortar.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange