Gaspar, a Doctor of Humanities at Xavier University, will spotlight the relationship of sports and religion, and its most pronounced impact on the philosophy of modern sport through the various beliefs across nations.
The Davao City-native also gives a glimpse on new developments that helped create a shift which brought sports and religious practices together, and the development of the ethical value in promoting sports especially in terms of promoting fair play, sportsmanship while building the moral character and leadership of youth.
“This is a good topic for the Summit, as it will give us a better understanding of how sports and religion can peacefully coexist with each other and be tools for development and unity,” expressed Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) Chairman William Ramirez.
Br. Karl has written more than 20 books on ethnographic studies of Indigenous People, peacebuilding in Mindanao, and Mindanao history and theological discourses. His book ‘Manobo Dreams in Arakan’ won the National Book Award for Social Sciences in 2013.
He was also awarded the Lifetime Achievement award as author by the Cardinal Sin Catholic Mass Media Awards, and was given the Parangal ng Sambayanan award by Ateneo de Manila University, and the Datu Bago Award by Davao City in 2017. (PR)
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course