A TOTAL of 21 applicants were hired on the spot (HOTS) for local employment in the recently concluded 2021 Kalayaan: Online Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan (TNK) Job and Business Fair of the Department of Labor and Employment XI, in partnership with the Public Service Employment Office (PESO) from June 10-19, 2021.
Most of the 21 applicants were hired by BPO, manufacturing, and wholesale and retail companies.
Meanwhile, there were 65 near-hire applicants for local employment and 15 for overseas.
The series of virtual job fairs with PESO-Davao City, PESO-Panabo City, and PESO-Maco, Davao de Oro, which was conducted through Zoom video conferencing, extended 2,198 job vacancies.
Among these, 2,047 are for local employment, 143 for overseas employment, and eight vacancies from a government office.
A total of 438 shortlisted candidates from 802 registrants, who were pre-screened by the employers, were accommodated at the virtual job fair.
Ofelia B. Domingo, labor regional director, expressed her thanks to the PESO and the 24 employers who participated, for being DOLE XI’s partner in carrying out the virtual Kalayaan job fair this year.
“We persistently look for ways to promote gainful employment opportunities, being one of our mandates, especially amid the pandemic,” Domingo added.
The annual job fair in celebration of the Philippine Independence Day, usually held in big venues, was conducted online due to stricter safety and health protocols in order to avoid the spread of the COVID-19. PR
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange