A TOTAL of 21 applicants were hired on the spot (HOTS) for local employment in the recently concluded 2021 Kalayaan: Online Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan (TNK) Job and Business Fair of the Department of Labor and Employment XI, in partnership with the Public Service Employment Office (PESO) from June 10-19, 2021.
Most of the 21 applicants were hired by BPO, manufacturing, and wholesale and retail companies.
Meanwhile, there were 65 near-hire applicants for local employment and 15 for overseas.
The series of virtual job fairs with PESO-Davao City, PESO-Panabo City, and PESO-Maco, Davao de Oro, which was conducted through Zoom video conferencing, extended 2,198 job vacancies.
Among these, 2,047 are for local employment, 143 for overseas employment, and eight vacancies from a government office.
A total of 438 shortlisted candidates from 802 registrants, who were pre-screened by the employers, were accommodated at the virtual job fair.
Ofelia B. Domingo, labor regional director, expressed her thanks to the PESO and the 24 employers who participated, for being DOLE XI’s partner in carrying out the virtual Kalayaan job fair this year.
“We persistently look for ways to promote gainful employment opportunities, being one of our mandates, especially amid the pandemic,” Domingo added.
The annual job fair in celebration of the Philippine Independence Day, usually held in big venues, was conducted online due to stricter safety and health protocols in order to avoid the spread of the COVID-19. PR
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course