THE Philippine Azkals settled for a draw next to Maldives, 1-1 at the close of the second round 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup joint qualifiers played at the Sharjah Stadium in United Arab Emirates, on Tuesday night, June 15.
The Azkals lone goal came from Angel Guirado in the 19th however, Ali Fasir tied the score for Maldives in the 25th.
The Azkals will still advance to the third round of the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers with 11 points on three wins, two draws and three losses, a bit higher their 2018 World Cup qualifiers performance noting 10 points.
Maldives wrapped up its second round with a two win, one draw and five loss card.
Share this post:
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence