THE Philippine Azkals settled for a draw next to Maldives, 1-1 at the close of the second round 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup joint qualifiers played at the Sharjah Stadium in United Arab Emirates, on Tuesday night, June 15.
The Azkals lone goal came from Angel Guirado in the 19th however, Ali Fasir tied the score for Maldives in the 25th.
The Azkals will still advance to the third round of the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers with 11 points on three wins, two draws and three losses, a bit higher their 2018 World Cup qualifiers performance noting 10 points.
Maldives wrapped up its second round with a two win, one draw and five loss card.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange