THE Philippine Azkals settled for a draw next to Maldives, 1-1 at the close of the second round 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup joint qualifiers played at the Sharjah Stadium in United Arab Emirates, on Tuesday night, June 15.
The Azkals lone goal came from Angel Guirado in the 19th however, Ali Fasir tied the score for Maldives in the 25th.
The Azkals will still advance to the third round of the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers with 11 points on three wins, two draws and three losses, a bit higher their 2018 World Cup qualifiers performance noting 10 points.
Maldives wrapped up its second round with a two win, one draw and five loss card.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon