EVERY June 14, some communities around the world celebrate International Bath Day by filling up a lovely bath for their children.
Bath time is a great time to discover and learn using just a few bath toys and water–it’s a time for every child to become a little scientist keen on learning why things float or sink.
Legend has it that on this day, Greek mathematician, scientist, and scholar, Archimedes discovered while taking a bath that an object’s volume could be accurately measured by being submerged in water! Unable to contain his excitement, Archimedes leaped out of the bathtub and yelled, “Eureka, Eureka!” as he ran through the streets of Syracuse, Greece.
Like Archimedes, children can learn the basic properties of physics such as empty versus full, floating, sinking, weight, and cause and effect, all while having FUN in the tub!
Setting up a water learning lab for your kid is easy! Add cups of various sizes in the tub. Don’t have a tub? Use a trusty old pail and put floating toys in it!
Baths encourage exploration for kids and teaches them the habit of good hygiene too!
Are you ready for International Bath Day? Order your bath essentials–soap, shampoo, scrubs, toys and more–in The SM Store, Watsons and Toy Kingdom! Order from home using The SM Store’s Call to Deliver #143SM or contact SM’s Instashopper partners via @smlanangpremier or @smcitydavao in Facebook.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid