LAW ENFORCERS burned about P6.9 million in illegal drugs seized during the year as part of their campaign to eliminate the menace.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, spokesperson of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, said the activity, which was done on June 11 in Tagum City, was done to deny the notion that law enforcers recycled these substances.
Antonio Rivera, regional director of the agency, commended the cooperation among itself, other law enforcement agencies like the Philippine National Police, local government units and the communities in the fight against illegal drugs.
“This collaborative effort of the five pillars of the criminal justice system serves as a warning to all drug perpetrators that we are working hand in hand to suppress the supply of illegal drugs in our country,” Rivera said.
Of those substance burned, there were 311.7376 grams of shabu worth P4.676 million, and 19 kilograms of marijuana worth P2.280 million.
Witnessing the activity were Davao del Norte Governor Edwin I Jubahib, Tagum city Mayor Allan L Rellon, Barangay Magugpo Captain Marma Solis H Pineda, representatives of the Regional Trial Court, Department of Justice, Public Attorney’s Office, civil society group and the media.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB