DAVAO City’s most-sought drug suspect was killed during a police operation in Purok 32, Kabacan, Ecoland, Barangay 76-A at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday.
The suspect was identified as Christopher Villagonza, 41, of 114 Holy Trinity, Kabacan. He was allegedly top 1 in the Davao City Police Office’s drugs watchlist.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the head of the Regional Special Operations Group-Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit (RSOG-RPDEU) XI, said the operating team served the warrant against the suspect when he fought the police.
The team was led by Lt. Welquin Enciso, along with the members of Buhangin police, Davao City Special Operations Group served the search warrant against Villagonza.
Accordingly, when the operatives arrived at the suspect’s house he jumped out the window and shot the operating team. The suspect was chased and cornered in another house where he exchanged fire with the authorities.
The report said three sachets reported shabu and a package containing dried marijuana leaves were recovered from the suspect. Also seized were a 12-gauge shotgun, .45 caliber pistol, assorted ammunition, and shabu paraphernalia.
The suspect was taken to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat