DAVAO City’s most-sought drug suspect was killed during a police operation in Purok 32, Kabacan, Ecoland, Barangay 76-A at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday.
The suspect was identified as Christopher Villagonza, 41, of 114 Holy Trinity, Kabacan. He was allegedly top 1 in the Davao City Police Office’s drugs watchlist.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the head of the Regional Special Operations Group-Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit (RSOG-RPDEU) XI, said the operating team served the warrant against the suspect when he fought the police.
The team was led by Lt. Welquin Enciso, along with the members of Buhangin police, Davao City Special Operations Group served the search warrant against Villagonza.
Accordingly, when the operatives arrived at the suspect’s house he jumped out the window and shot the operating team. The suspect was chased and cornered in another house where he exchanged fire with the authorities.
The report said three sachets reported shabu and a package containing dried marijuana leaves were recovered from the suspect. Also seized were a 12-gauge shotgun, .45 caliber pistol, assorted ammunition, and shabu paraphernalia.
The suspect was taken to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival.
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course