The upcoming episode on MTB will feature two pro cyclists – Staff Sgt. Alfie “Pursuit King” Catalan and Sgt. Alvin Benosa will share an overview of mountain biking which will serve as the beginners’ guide to better appreciate the sport.
Catalan won gold medals in the Southeast Asian Games and is now serving as the captain of the Philippine Army cycling team while Benosa is the reigning champion of the Timberland King of the Mountain, 7-11 Trails, and Bataan Padyakan. Joining them in the program are PhilCycling head coach Ednalyn Hualda and female cyclist Avegail Rombaon.
“MTB allows people to have a form of exercise while also giving them a venue to destress around nature. This activity strengthens the physical, emotional, and mental health, which is why it is highly enjoyed by many,” explained PSC oversight Commissioner for Women in Sports Celia Kiram.
“Combatting Fears in Sports and Life” will be the topic on Sunday’s episode as the agency invited top-notch professionals, sportsmen, and women as guests to discuss extensively the relationship between fear and athletic performance.
Irish Magno, the Philippines’ first woman boxer to qualify for the Olympics will provide an insider’s viewpoint on how she prepares her mind for any high-pressured competition. The episode will also have a roster of elite sports coaches sharing first-hand insights on how they attain a balanced life.
“The episode will be a great learning time not only for athletes but also for the rest of Filipinos who need to conquer fear in these trying times,” said Kiram.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized