DAVAO CITY – Presidential son and Davao City 1st District Rep. Paolo “Pulong” Duterte and the Department of Labor Employment (DOLE) in Region 11 have facilitated the payout of aid to more than 2,000 marginalized workers affected by the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic over the weekend.
In a statement Monday, the lawmaker’s office said the financial aid was sent to the beneficiaries through a money remittance center.
The identified beneficiaries are from the 54 barangays of the first district that received the payment through the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers (TUPAD) program of DOLE.
Among the beneficiaries who claimed the cash assistance are 301 sidewalk vendors, 1,807 sari-sari store owners, 154 barbeque vendors, and 113 vulcanizing shop workers, who each received PHP6,000.
TUPAD is a community–based package of assistance that offers emergency service for displaced, underemployed, and seasonal workers, for a minimum period of 10 days, not more than 30 days, depending on the nature of work.
Duterte said his office is prioritizing assistance to the marginalized workers and the front-liners as well, in response to the public health emergency brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We will continue to support those who are in need,” the lawmaker said.
Rep. Duterte added that his staff is continuously going around the areas under his jurisdiction to check whether there are members of the disadvantaged sectors that have yet to receive assistance from the government. (PNA)
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy