AN ALLEGED big-time supplier yielded more than P13-million worth of shabu after he was arrested in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang) around 7 p.m. last Monday.
The suspect was identified as Jaber Mangotara Saranggani, 24, unemployed, and a resident of Santo. Domingo 2, in Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District.
Colonel Kirby John Kraft, the Davao City Police Office director, said a police undercover was able to purchase a sachet of shabu from the suspect in exchange for P65,000 before they announced his arrest.
Recovered and confiscated from the suspect’s possession included a red shoulder bag some contraband and other items, a cellular phone believed to be used in his transactions, and his Honda RS motorcycle.
According to the report, the arresting officers recovered 850 grams from the suspect with an estimated street value of P13,600,000
The buy-bust was conducted by the combined elements from the City Drug Enforcement Unit/Special Operation Group led by Maj. Jonnel Bonguyan, deputy chief, under the supervision of Maj. Milan Naz, Chief; City Intelligence Unit under the supervision of Lt. Col. Noel Asumen; Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI led by IA1 Rommel Adrian Dela Peña, under the supervision of regional director Antonio Rivera; Bunawan Police Station led by Maj. Noel Villahermosa and the Panabo Police Station personnel under the supervision of Lt. Col. Verna Cabuhat.
The suspect faces a charge for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized