THE CITY remains under the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) classification until the end of the month, President Rodrigo R. Duterte said Monday night.
The city has been under the GCQ classification since November 20, 2020, although there were calls in the past to revert to more strict classifications following the rise in the number of positive cases in the city.
The President also extended the GCQ status of Iligan City in Region 10, and Lanao del Sur and Cotabato City in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
Also placed under GCQ status for month until June 1 to June 30, 2021, are areas under the Cordillera Administrative Region, such as Abra, Baguio City, Kalinga, Mountain Province; Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, and Quirino in Region 2; Batangas and Quezon in Region 4-A;
The President also approved the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) to extend the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) in the National Capital Region, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal, or NCR Plus, starting June 1 until June 15.
Some restrictions, however, will still be put in place in NCR Plus to limit the capacities of certain industries.
The City of Santiago and Cagayan in Region 2; Apayao, Benguet, and Ifugao in the Cordillera Administrative Region; and Puerto Princesa in Region 4-B; Iloilo City in Region 6; and Zamboanga City, Zamboanga Sibugay, Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga del Norte in Region 9; Cagayan de Oro City in Region 10; and Butuan City and Agusan del Sur in CARAGA shall be placed under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) from June 1 to June 15, 2021.
All other areas shall be placed under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) starting June 1 to June 30.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy