PCSO Private Secretary 2 Marie Louise Serojales and Account Specialist Joseph Porto formally turned over the cheque to PSC Cashier Marini Negado, the first remittance this year.
“Ang PCSO ay kaagapay ng gobyerno para magbigay tulong sa buong Pilipinas. Despite the pandemic, we are mandated to give our contributions, especially to the PSC,” said Serojales.
Under Section 26 of the Republic Act 6847, the PCSO is mandated by law to remit thirty percent (30%) of its charity fund and proceeds of six sweepstakes lottery draw per year to the sports agency which will be used for the latter’s sports development programs.
“We are grateful for the unending support of PCSO to our sports programs. Our vision won’t be possible without support from agencies like them. Malaking tulong po ito para lalo naming mapagbuti ang aming mga programa. Maraming salamat po.” said PSC Chairman William ‘Butch’ Ramirez.
Among the grassroots programs of the PSC are Batang Pinoy, Philippine National Games, Children’s Games, Indigenous Peoples Games, among others.
The charity agency also sends their well wishes to Team Philippines who will see action at the Tokyo Summer Olympic Games from July 23 to August 8, and the 31st Southeast Asian Games from November 21 until December 2 to be staged in Hanoi, Vietnam.
“Sana itong aming mandatory contributions kahit paano ay makapagdagdag ng tulong sa ating mga atleta. Sana ay magkaroon tayo ng pag-asa na makakuha ng gintong medalya sa darating na Tokyo Olympics at SEA Games,” added Serojales.
Last year, the charity agency released more than Php 1.8 million to the government sports arm aside from the Php 2.3 million in 2019, the same year when the country hosted and claimed the overall championship of the 30th Southeast Asian Games.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success