INTERNATIONAL Master Marvin Miciano along with AGM Henry Lopez spearhead the Davao Hub players in its bid in the 2021 Asian Hybrid Continental Chess Championships which is currently ongoing until May 30.
Miciano ang Lopez are joined by AGM Christian Carlo Arca, Engr. Allan Diez, Alfred Moulic and Jimmy Dano in the 10 day online tournament which follows the nine round Swiss System format as paced by FIDE Hybrid Chess regulations.
They face entries coming from China, India, Iran, Philippines, Urbekistan, Australia, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taipe, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Kryrgztan, Kuwait and Sri Lanka with the top seven qualifiers earning a slot in the World Cup 2021 in Sochi, Russia.
“This is a good challenge for our local players as the face noted international players in this competition,” said NCFP Region XI director IA James Infiesto who acts as one of the arbiters in the competition.
As of March 24, Round 4, Miciano sports a 2.5 count, Lopez at 1.5 while Dano, Moulic and Diez has one each. Arca still needs to score a point.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls