INTERNATIONAL Master Marvin Miciano along with AGM Henry Lopez spearhead the Davao Hub players in its bid in the 2021 Asian Hybrid Continental Chess Championships which is currently ongoing until May 30.
Miciano ang Lopez are joined by AGM Christian Carlo Arca, Engr. Allan Diez, Alfred Moulic and Jimmy Dano in the 10 day online tournament which follows the nine round Swiss System format as paced by FIDE Hybrid Chess regulations.
They face entries coming from China, India, Iran, Philippines, Urbekistan, Australia, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taipe, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Kryrgztan, Kuwait and Sri Lanka with the top seven qualifiers earning a slot in the World Cup 2021 in Sochi, Russia.
“This is a good challenge for our local players as the face noted international players in this competition,” said NCFP Region XI director IA James Infiesto who acts as one of the arbiters in the competition.
As of March 24, Round 4, Miciano sports a 2.5 count, Lopez at 1.5 while Dano, Moulic and Diez has one each. Arca still needs to score a point.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success