A FIRE broke out at the second level of the barangay hall in Garcia Heights, Barangay 19-B at 3:25 a.m. on Sunday.
According to the report of the Davao City Police Office, village watchman Leopoldo Garces saw the transformer Davao Light and Power Company post momentarily erupt and the electrical spark caused a fire in the barangay hall.
Personnel from the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), Central 911 Fire Auxillary and other volunteer firefighter groups immediately responded to the scene.
The C.B. Bangoy Sr. Fire Station said a fire-out was declared at about 3:40 a.m. of the same date with no casualties or injury reported since the barangay hall was already closed at that time.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls