TWELVE individuals were arrested in a buy-bust conducted by the authorities in Barangay Apokon, Tagum City on May 21.
Antonio Rivera, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, director, said the subjects of the search warrants were Redin Tipas, Geralde Macopa, Randy Lumanta and Rodel Morito.
Seized from them were more or less 51.6 grams of suspected shabu worth P984,000, drug paraphernalia and eight pieces of .38 revolver.
He said Benzar Ampong and Anthony Dulay managed to elude the arrest after sensing the approaching operatives. However, more or less 14 grams of suspected shabu and assorted drug paraphernalia were also recovered from their residence.
The operation was conducted with Davao Norte Police Provincial Office and Tagum City Police Station led by Colonel Daniel Hachuela, 114th and 115th Special Action Companies of Special Action Forceand 4th Division Littoral Combat Force, Philippine Fleet of Philippine Navy implemented simultaneous search warrants.
During the implementation of the search warrants, he said eight suspected drug den visitors identified as Rene Sagnay, Arnold Lagunsay, Rayman Capitan, Dandy Lumanta, Ruel Ampong, Nur Maito, Sandrix Salasa and Edmund Subido were present and also arrested.
The suspects will be charged for violation of Republic Act 9165( Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) and Republic Act 10591 (Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act of 2013.)
“This serves as a warning to all drug perpetrators operating in Davao del Norte that the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, Philippine National Police, Local Government Unit of Davao del Norte, other law enforcement agencies and the community are closely working together and always vigilant in the fight against illegal drugs,” Rivera said.
“This only shows that the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, Philippine National Police, Local Government Unit of Davao del Norte, other law enforcement agencies and the community are one in the fight against illegal drugs,” he said.
“The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency is asking everyone to help the government attain its vision for a drug free Philippines by reporting to us those who are involved in illegal drug activities,” he added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success