THE military reported that a member of the New People’s Army (NPA) was killed and another was captured during two separate encounters between the rebels and members of the 23rd and 16 Infantry Battalions in Buenavista, Agusan del Norte on Wednesday and Thursday.
Second Lieutenant Angel Grace Sebelina, acting civil-military operation officer of the 23IB, said the rebel who was killed has yet to be identified, while the one who was captured wasMariel Catipan, 26.
Based on the report, the soldiers were informed about the presence of the rebels trying to conduct extortion activities in Sitio San Vicente, Barangay Sangay, Buenavista, Agusan del Norte.
This prompted them to proceed to the area, while resulted in an encounter on Wednesday. But the clash was short as the rebels withdrew.
Then the soldiers and the police in the province decided to conduct checkpoint operations which resulted in the capture of Catipan as she was trying to escape. Another member of the group surrendered.
The following day, soldiers and the rebels clashed in Sitio Balatakan, Barangay Guinabsan, Buenavista which resulted in the death of another rebel.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success