A MAN accused of rape was shot inside the Toril Police Station as he was allegedly trying to take control of a police officer’s gun Wednesday.
Major Michael Uyanguren, Toril Police Station chief, said Edgar Rubio died after he was shot as he was trying to snatch the firearm of Corporal Rodel Cuamag Bernal.
Uyanguren said Bernal was conducting the booking procedure on Rubio when the latter suddenly tried to seize the gun of the police officer.
As the two were grappling, Bernal tried to control the suspect and was calling for help from other police officers, but the latter was strong enough that he was about to overpower the police officer.
This prompted the police officer to shoot the suspect.
He was immediately brought to a nearby hospital where an attending physician declared him dead.
Uyanguren said Rubio was detained after he was accused of rape.
Investigators recovered two spent bullets from a nine-millimeter caliber pistol.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success