MEMBERS of the Talomo Police Station collared a non-commissioned police official during an operation against illegal drugs at an inn on Sunday.
Major Sean C Logronio, Talomo Police Station commander, said Corporal Andy Gibbs Jaum Luna, 36, was arrested inside Room 502 of Oh George Drive Inn.
Logronio said Luna, assigned in 1105th Police Maneuver Company in Kapatagan, Digos City, Davao del Sur, is among the top five personalities in the list both of the Police Regional Office and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) for involvement in illegal drugs.
Lt. Cesar Aaron Robles, leader of the team that arrested Luna, vowed that the arrest would result in more arrests. “Anticipate additional future arrests,” said Robles, adding that investigators have been digging deeper into Luna’s activities.
Robles said Luna was allegedly involved in “sex- drug scheme,” where he would give a woman illegal drugs in exchange for sex.
He added that Luna’s arrest was a result of an intensified surveillance.
Seized from him were four sachets of suspected shabu with an estimated value of P15,000, a cellular phone, his expired police identification card, and other personal items.
The suspect then surrendered his service firearm and police badge.
Logronio commended his team for the arrest, adding that Luna destroyed his future.
“Napakaraming tao na gustong maging pulis pero hindi nabigyan ng tsansa tapos heto sya at nasa serbisyo na ay nagawa pang sirain ang binigay na oportunidad sa kanya na makapag trabaho ng maayos,” he said.
He urged other members of the force to “show our respect and love for the PNP by giving our honest and genuine police service.”
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized