MEMBERS of the Talomo Police Station collared a non-commissioned police official during an operation against illegal drugs at an inn on Sunday.
Major Sean C Logronio, Talomo Police Station commander, said Corporal Andy Gibbs Jaum Luna, 36, was arrested inside Room 502 of Oh George Drive Inn.
Logronio said Luna, assigned in 1105th Police Maneuver Company in Kapatagan, Digos City, Davao del Sur, is among the top five personalities in the list both of the Police Regional Office and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) for involvement in illegal drugs.
Lt. Cesar Aaron Robles, leader of the team that arrested Luna, vowed that the arrest would result in more arrests. “Anticipate additional future arrests,” said Robles, adding that investigators have been digging deeper into Luna’s activities.
Robles said Luna was allegedly involved in “sex- drug scheme,” where he would give a woman illegal drugs in exchange for sex.
He added that Luna’s arrest was a result of an intensified surveillance.
Seized from him were four sachets of suspected shabu with an estimated value of P15,000, a cellular phone, his expired police identification card, and other personal items.
The suspect then surrendered his service firearm and police badge.
Logronio commended his team for the arrest, adding that Luna destroyed his future.
“Napakaraming tao na gustong maging pulis pero hindi nabigyan ng tsansa tapos heto sya at nasa serbisyo na ay nagawa pang sirain ang binigay na oportunidad sa kanya na makapag trabaho ng maayos,” he said.
He urged other members of the force to “show our respect and love for the PNP by giving our honest and genuine police service.”
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year