Carrasco, a POC official since 2001, will discuss the POC’s role in supporting the elite national athletes, as they work hand in hand with the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC).
“Tom (Carrasco) is one of the fittest to converse on the topic being with the POC for a long time now. This is also a chance for our participants to understand the dynamics behind an elite athlete.” said PSC Chairman William ‘Butch’ Ramirez.
Carrasco is currently the President of the Southeast Asian Triathlon and Triathlon Association of the Philippines. He is also a Board Member of the Asian Triathlon Association.
He has proven his mettle in leadership as he brings this to the table, molding the Philippine triathlon team as the ‘King and Queen’ of triathlon in Southeast Asia. The national squad remains undefeated for three consecutive editions of the Southeast Asian Games (SEAG) – the largest biennial regional multi-sport event held in Singapore in 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2017, and the Philippines, two years ago.
In 2019, Carrasco also served as the Executive Director of the Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (PHISGOC) during the country’s hosting of the 30th SEAG.(PR)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again