THE DAVAO City Police Office ( DCPO) received A Hyundai Van to transport the bomb robot, protective equipment and other gears of the Explosive Ordnance Division (EOD).
The MK3 DavaoBot is a medium-sized robot designed by Icor Technologies for remote handling of improvised explosive devices. It also helps the SWAT team in reconnaissance missions.
Predominantly used by EOD technicians worldwide, the EOD robots are used for surveillance and neutralization of explosive threats from a safe distance as it minimizes human intervention in handling IEDs and other explosives.
Mayor Sara Duterte turned over to the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) one unit H350 Hyundai Van, which is equipped with a command and control space, along with a built-in ramp for easy deployment of DavaoBot.
Bob, the K9 Narcotics Detection Dog (NDD), was also introduced during the ceremony. The dog is trained to detect shabu, marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine, heroine, and phencyclidine (PCP), also known as Angel Dust.
DCPO chief Col. Kirby John Kraft thanked the city government for the donation.
Kraft initiated the idea of having a drug-sniffing dog, and sent a police officer to Nueva Ecija to train as a handler.
Fr. Bong Gonzaga officiated the blessing of the equipment, along with a City Sports Bus and four e-trikes donated by the MOVEher Coalition under the Guevara Foundation.
The Davao City Sports Bus is a 30-seater Hino bus, which will transport local delegates during competitions. Its acquisition was made possible through the cash incentive received by Davao City for placing 4th in the 2018 Philippine National Games.
The four e-trikes will benefit the women’s group of Paquibato District. MOVEHer coalition seeks to encourage the transport sector in the Philippines to promote women empowerment and gender equality.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1