A METRO Davao simulation exercise was successfully conducted on Friday, April 23, in Bunawan District to further enhance the security alertness of the personnel and reduce crimes.
As a result, some areas in the region experienced heavy traffic.
According to the report by Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, all stations of the Davao City Police Office, Sta. Cruz Municipal Police Station, Digos, Carmen, Island Garden City of Samal, Panabo and Special Weapon and Tactics Team of the 2nd Davao del Norte Provincial Mobile Force Company conducted a dragnet operation and security checkpoint during “shooting incident” in Bunawan.
According to the simulation exercise, a barangay official was reportedly gunned down by unidentified perpetrators. Immediately, the personnel cordoned off the driveway and secured the crime scene.
In a separate interview, Col. Kirby John Kraft, the city police director, said the simulation was led by the PRO 11.
“The simex caused traffic naka monitor din kasi dyan yung camp crame nag check nakikita yung nangyari (The [simulation exercise] caused traffic. Camp Crame was also monitoring the activity), ” Kraft said.
He said the suspect was “chased down and shot in Panabo City.”
“Lahat kasi yan naka deploy hindi mo alam kung saan tatakbo yung suspect. Di ba meron kami dito Davao defend system, so lahat ng mobile haharang talaga sa kalsada. Halos lahat ng sasakyan kasi ang gi check (All necessary personnel were deployed since we do not know where the suspect had escaped to. We have the Davao defend system, so all mobile units will block the roads and check all vehicles),” he further said.
Eudisan said the activity is part of the Public Safety and Security Plan of Metropolitan Davao. Before, each simulation exercise is restricted to the LGU concerned and there are specific units that would conduct the checkpoint. “That is why not all Davao experienced heavy traffic,” she said. “It was a Metro Davao simex so the checkpoints for all possible routes would be activated.”
She added that the Oplan dragnet still has a positive impact since it will eliminate
the “opportunity to commit crimes.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success