CASH prizes, certificates and a ticket to the Asian Championships will be at stake when the 2021 Mayor Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio National Chess Youth and Schools Chess Championships-Mindanao leg reels off April 26 and 27 using the Tornelo online platform.
International Arbiter (IA) and NCFP Assistant Executive Director for Mindanao James Infiesto bared that the age group category will have the Boys ang Girls 7 years old and below; 9 years old and below; 11 years old and below; 13 years old and below;15 years old and below and 17 years old and below.
The top 15 qualifiers in every age group category will see action in the semifinals while for the Grand Finals champions in every division will represent the country to the Asian Youth and Schools Championship.
Asian Youth and Schools champions in the under 17 and 15 likewise in the under 7 to 13 will be awarded with a National Master Norm or Candidate Master.
The tournament follows the seven round Swiss System format noting 10 minutes plus five seconds increment.
It is organized by the National Chess Federation of the Philippines led by chairman and president Prospero Pichay Jr. in cooperation with the City Government of Davao City Sports Development Division Office.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again