CASH prizes, certificates and a ticket to the Asian Championships will be at stake when the 2021 Mayor Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio National Chess Youth and Schools Chess Championships-Mindanao leg reels off April 26 and 27 using the Tornelo online platform.
International Arbiter (IA) and NCFP Assistant Executive Director for Mindanao James Infiesto bared that the age group category will have the Boys ang Girls 7 years old and below; 9 years old and below; 11 years old and below; 13 years old and below;15 years old and below and 17 years old and below.
The top 15 qualifiers in every age group category will see action in the semifinals while for the Grand Finals champions in every division will represent the country to the Asian Youth and Schools Championship.
Asian Youth and Schools champions in the under 17 and 15 likewise in the under 7 to 13 will be awarded with a National Master Norm or Candidate Master.
The tournament follows the seven round Swiss System format noting 10 minutes plus five seconds increment.
It is organized by the National Chess Federation of the Philippines led by chairman and president Prospero Pichay Jr. in cooperation with the City Government of Davao City Sports Development Division Office.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy