CASH prizes, certificates and a ticket to the Asian Championships will be at stake when the 2021 Mayor Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio National Chess Youth and Schools Chess Championships-Mindanao leg reels off April 26 and 27 using the Tornelo online platform.
International Arbiter (IA) and NCFP Assistant Executive Director for Mindanao James Infiesto bared that the age group category will have the Boys ang Girls 7 years old and below; 9 years old and below; 11 years old and below; 13 years old and below;15 years old and below and 17 years old and below.
The top 15 qualifiers in every age group category will see action in the semifinals while for the Grand Finals champions in every division will represent the country to the Asian Youth and Schools Championship.
Asian Youth and Schools champions in the under 17 and 15 likewise in the under 7 to 13 will be awarded with a National Master Norm or Candidate Master.
The tournament follows the seven round Swiss System format noting 10 minutes plus five seconds increment.
It is organized by the National Chess Federation of the Philippines led by chairman and president Prospero Pichay Jr. in cooperation with the City Government of Davao City Sports Development Division Office.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls