REIGNING Philippine super bantamweight champion Mark Anthony “El Heneral” Geraldo of Bukidnon suffered an injury while during a practice for his second title defense on May 15.
“Na disgrasya si Geraldo, nasugatan ang kanyang kilay dahil tumama sa siko pag sparring (Geraldo was injured, his eyebrow was injured because he hit his elbow while sparring)” said lady boxing promoter Yolly Alfante of Shock Punch Boxing Promotion.
“Dako ug gisi. 6 ang tahi (Big and torn. 6 the seam)” added Alfante.
She will go to Laguna today to fix everything. The new date will be on May 29.
Geraldo (38W-9L-3D, 19KOs) will be defending it against undefeated Carl Jammes “Wonder Boy” Martin of Ifugao at the Rizal, Laguna. The 29-year-old Geraldo earned the vacant title by knocking out Virgel Vitor of Bohol in the 6th round last Feb. 11, 2019 in Tagbilaran City.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1