REIGNING Philippine super bantamweight champion Mark Anthony “El Heneral” Geraldo of Bukidnon suffered an injury while during a practice for his second title defense on May 15.
“Na disgrasya si Geraldo, nasugatan ang kanyang kilay dahil tumama sa siko pag sparring (Geraldo was injured, his eyebrow was injured because he hit his elbow while sparring)” said lady boxing promoter Yolly Alfante of Shock Punch Boxing Promotion.
“Dako ug gisi. 6 ang tahi (Big and torn. 6 the seam)” added Alfante.
She will go to Laguna today to fix everything. The new date will be on May 29.
Geraldo (38W-9L-3D, 19KOs) will be defending it against undefeated Carl Jammes “Wonder Boy” Martin of Ifugao at the Rizal, Laguna. The 29-year-old Geraldo earned the vacant title by knocking out Virgel Vitor of Bohol in the 6th round last Feb. 11, 2019 in Tagbilaran City.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?