REIGNING Philippine super bantamweight champion Mark Anthony “El Heneral” Geraldo of Bukidnon suffered an injury while during a practice for his second title defense on May 15.
“Na disgrasya si Geraldo, nasugatan ang kanyang kilay dahil tumama sa siko pag sparring (Geraldo was injured, his eyebrow was injured because he hit his elbow while sparring)” said lady boxing promoter Yolly Alfante of Shock Punch Boxing Promotion.
“Dako ug gisi. 6 ang tahi (Big and torn. 6 the seam)” added Alfante.
She will go to Laguna today to fix everything. The new date will be on May 29.
Geraldo (38W-9L-3D, 19KOs) will be defending it against undefeated Carl Jammes “Wonder Boy” Martin of Ifugao at the Rizal, Laguna. The 29-year-old Geraldo earned the vacant title by knocking out Virgel Vitor of Bohol in the 6th round last Feb. 11, 2019 in Tagbilaran City.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed