THE Eastern Mindanao Command reported that a series of encounters between its units and the New People’s Army have resulted in the deaths of two members of the movement and the recovery of firearms.
Among these encounters, said Major Alex Mindalano, spokesperson of the command, was the encounter in Sitio Tun-ogan, Barangay Lilingayon, Valencia City, Bukidnon on April 16 that resulted in the death of a rebel.
The encounter took place after the soldiers of the First Special Battalion was able to thwart the plan of the outlawed group to launch an operation.
The incident also led the soldiers to recover firearms, including explosive devices, and other belongings.
The report added that another rebel was killed in another encounter in Sitio Magkahunao, Barangay Buhisan, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur two days earlier.
The military added there were other clashes the week before that.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission