THE list of elderly for COVID-19 vaccination has so far contained 93,468 names as is expected to get more volunteers, a city government official said yesterday.
The number, said Dr. Josephine Villafuerte, head of the City Vaccination Cluster, is still below the 120,000 target as she expects more will register in the coming days.
“The master listing is being done by two offices, which is the City Health Office (CHO), through the District Health Offices and the Office of the Senior Citizen (OSCA) under the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO),” Villafuerte said.
Under the Department of Health guidelines, the elderly are the next to get inoculated after the medical frontiners, whose vaccination process is still ongoing. .
Villafuerte added that based on the plan, those between 60 and 65 are to get their shots in district health centers. She added that her team is still finalizing the vaccination strategy for those who are older than 65.
“We are set to meet with the different hospitals in Davao City on the other vaccination hubs for the senior citizens who are 75 above, considering their comorbidities,” she said.
At present, for those who want to be included in the list of those who are to get the vaccines either register at their district health centers or through the vaccination hotlines 0961 073 4965 for Smart users and 0927 022 9087 for Globe users.
Soon, Villafuerte added, listing will become more convenient when the city government completes its integration with the Safe Davao Quick Response code program.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?