THE MILITARY reported that a New People’s Army (NPA) cadre was killed during an encounter with soldiers of the 1st Special Forces Battalion in Sitio Tun-ogan, Brgy Lilingayon, Valencia City, Bukidnon on April 16.
Captain Balaram Tamayo, Civil-Military Operation (CMO) officer of the battalion, said the sial rebel has yet to be identified.
Tamayo said the rebels in Bukidnon decided to consolidate their forces in the Kalatungan Mountain Range to launch attacks on construction companies, military bases and even civilians as they commemorate the 48th anniversary of the movement on April 24.
He said the military unit decided to launch an operation against the rebels that resulted in the encounter as the unit clashed with about 50 rebels in Sitio Tun-ogan.
As a result of the encounter, the soldiers recovered a firearm, improvised explosive devices and documents.
The body of the rebel was turned over to the police in Valencia City so that it can be brought to his relatives.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission