THE MILITARY reported that a New People’s Army (NPA) cadre was killed during an encounter with soldiers of the 1st Special Forces Battalion in Sitio Tun-ogan, Brgy Lilingayon, Valencia City, Bukidnon on April 16.
Captain Balaram Tamayo, Civil-Military Operation (CMO) officer of the battalion, said the sial rebel has yet to be identified.
Tamayo said the rebels in Bukidnon decided to consolidate their forces in the Kalatungan Mountain Range to launch attacks on construction companies, military bases and even civilians as they commemorate the 48th anniversary of the movement on April 24.
He said the military unit decided to launch an operation against the rebels that resulted in the encounter as the unit clashed with about 50 rebels in Sitio Tun-ogan.
As a result of the encounter, the soldiers recovered a firearm, improvised explosive devices and documents.
The body of the rebel was turned over to the police in Valencia City so that it can be brought to his relatives.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?