THE MILITARY reported that a New People’s Army (NPA) cadre was killed during an encounter with soldiers of the 1st Special Forces Battalion in Sitio Tun-ogan, Brgy Lilingayon, Valencia City, Bukidnon on April 16.
Captain Balaram Tamayo, Civil-Military Operation (CMO) officer of the battalion, said the sial rebel has yet to be identified.
Tamayo said the rebels in Bukidnon decided to consolidate their forces in the Kalatungan Mountain Range to launch attacks on construction companies, military bases and even civilians as they commemorate the 48th anniversary of the movement on April 24.
He said the military unit decided to launch an operation against the rebels that resulted in the encounter as the unit clashed with about 50 rebels in Sitio Tun-ogan.
As a result of the encounter, the soldiers recovered a firearm, improvised explosive devices and documents.
The body of the rebel was turned over to the police in Valencia City so that it can be brought to his relatives.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year