THE DAVAO City government received on Thursday various medical supplies from the government of the People’s Republic of China in support of the city’s primary care services in the community.
The donated medical items, given through the Chinese Embassy in the Philippines, will boost the works of the Davao City Barangay Health Centers, Barangay Health Workers (BHW), and Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS).BHWs and BNS received one (1) Baxtel Aneriod Sphygmomanometer with Stethoscope, one (1) set first aid kit, and an umbrella each.The barangay health centers received two (2) units of Primaplus compressor nebulizer, one (1) unit Baxtel Aneriod Sphygmomanometer with Stethoscope, a weighing scale with height measurement (platform type), and a first aid kit set.
The distribution, which was done in clustered locations and by batches, was spearheaded by April Marie Dayap, the head of the Davao City Investment and Promotion Center (DCIPC).
She said the equipment will be given to all health workers in all 182 barangays of the city.
“Based sa listing coming from the City Health Office and barangays, adunay mga 3,234 ka health workers na both city and barangay-based. And for our health stations, naa man tay 182 ka barangays, so naa pud tay 182 ka-set na medical health equipment and kit para sa atong mga station (Based on the list from the City Health Office and barangays, 3,234 health workers are both city and barangay-based. For our health stations, we have 182 barangays, so we also have 192 sets of medical health equipment and kit for our stations),” Dayap said.
The Office of the City Mayor also gave gift certificates and grocery items as appreciation for the hard work and dedication of the city’s BHW and BNS. CIO
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission