THE DEPARTMENT of Health (DOH) XI has sent five volunteer nurses to the National Capital Region on April 14 for a month-long deployment to augment the COVID-19 response of hospitals overwhelmed by the number of cases.
The five volunteer nurses will be temporarily assigned to the San Lazaro Hospital in Sta. Cruz, Manila from April 14 to May 14, 2021. Of the five nurses, one is from Davao de Oro and four from Davao City.
Their assignment was part of the Nurse Deployment Program (NDP) of the DOH and their accommodation, meals, and transportation during their stay in NCR will be shouldered by the San Lazaro Hospital.
In a send-off ceremony at the Davao International Airport, Dr. Annabelle P. Yumang, DOH-Davao Center for Health Development (DOH-DCHD) regional director thanked them for their participation.
“Be careful while you are there. I am grateful that you volunteered because we can never repay you. This is a response man from DOH in the region because they (NCR) also helped us before,“ Yumang told the five nurses.
Yumang also reiterated that sending the nurses to NCR will not affect the COVID-19 response of the region since the cases here are on the downtrend. She also said that they have stand-by replacements for the deployed nurses.
“Their health officers also discussed who would take care of the barangays, where they used to be deployed, for the meantime that they are in Manila,” she added.
The DOH-DCHD encouraged more nurses, doctors, and medical technologists to volunteer for the program to augment health workers in NCR.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success