During difficult days when distancing from each other is becoming a norm, art comes in as a tool to reconnect people and inspire hope, creativity and resilience.
This is the central message of a contemporay art exhibit in SM Lanang Premier in partnership with the Dabawenyo Artists Federation Inc. (DAFI).
The art popup, which features over 42 artists, runs until April 25 to put the spotlight on vibrant works that express dynamic spirits of Davao artists.
Varied pieces with strong references to Davao’s environment await art collectors who are eyeing to spruce up their homes and personal galleries.
Shoppers who drop by to appreciate the displays are also engaged with soulful experiences where art is made a tool to provide a sense of perspective and connectedness.
“Art speaks volumes despite being confined within a frame,” said curator Victor Secuya. “For firms, art can elevate the environment, uplift spirits of employees and spur productivity. For homes, art provides color, impetus for dialogue, and open doors towards creativity.”
Find the art that connects with you in Art in the City in SM Lanang Premier’s mall atrium.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead