During difficult days when distancing from each other is becoming a norm, art comes in as a tool to reconnect people and inspire hope, creativity and resilience.
This is the central message of a contemporay art exhibit in SM Lanang Premier in partnership with the Dabawenyo Artists Federation Inc. (DAFI).
The art popup, which features over 42 artists, runs until April 25 to put the spotlight on vibrant works that express dynamic spirits of Davao artists.
Varied pieces with strong references to Davao’s environment await art collectors who are eyeing to spruce up their homes and personal galleries.
Shoppers who drop by to appreciate the displays are also engaged with soulful experiences where art is made a tool to provide a sense of perspective and connectedness.
“Art speaks volumes despite being confined within a frame,” said curator Victor Secuya. “For firms, art can elevate the environment, uplift spirits of employees and spur productivity. For homes, art provides color, impetus for dialogue, and open doors towards creativity.”
Find the art that connects with you in Art in the City in SM Lanang Premier’s mall atrium.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year