During difficult days when distancing from each other is becoming a norm, art comes in as a tool to reconnect people and inspire hope, creativity and resilience.
This is the central message of a contemporay art exhibit in SM Lanang Premier in partnership with the Dabawenyo Artists Federation Inc. (DAFI).
The art popup, which features over 42 artists, runs until April 25 to put the spotlight on vibrant works that express dynamic spirits of Davao artists.
Varied pieces with strong references to Davao’s environment await art collectors who are eyeing to spruce up their homes and personal galleries.
Shoppers who drop by to appreciate the displays are also engaged with soulful experiences where art is made a tool to provide a sense of perspective and connectedness.
“Art speaks volumes despite being confined within a frame,” said curator Victor Secuya. “For firms, art can elevate the environment, uplift spirits of employees and spur productivity. For homes, art provides color, impetus for dialogue, and open doors towards creativity.”
Find the art that connects with you in Art in the City in SM Lanang Premier’s mall atrium.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months