MANILA – An official of the Catholic Church-run Radio Veritas on Friday has warned the public against unscrupulous individuals who are using the name of the radio station to collect money from unsuspecting victims.
Fr. Roy Bellen, Radio Veritas vice president for operations, said the public should be cautious in dealing with individuals or groups who are out to take advantage of those who are willing to help not knowing that they are being scammed.
“We at Radyo Veritas are cautioning the faithful against these people who are unfortunately using the name of our radio station to deceit and collect money from donors. Beware of them,” he said in an interview.
The warning was issued following a social post of an individual from Quezon City, showing a picture of two individuals circling their area offering healing service from Radio Veritas.
The post added that two families in the area were able to give PHP3,000 to the scammers.
Bellen expressed sadness over the incidents since there are still people who are doing bad things against their fellowmen in the midst of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic.
“We are saddened that even at times of pandemic, these people continue to take advantage of the ones who badly need help and healing,” he said.
Bellen urged the public to immediately report to them or to the authorities such illegal activities.
At the same time, he said those who would like to request for healing mass to call the radio station at 8925-7931 local 129 or send a text message to 0917-631-4589 and look for Renee Jose for legitimate transactions. (PNA)
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art