DAVAO CITY (MindaNew) — Mayor Sara Duterte confirmed Wednesday that she took a five-day medical leave for Singapore, a day after she left the country from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
In her statement released by the City Information Office, Duterte said she took a leave of office from April 6 to 10.
The presidential daughter said her reason for flying to Singapore was for “personal health management.”
She, however, did not elaborate.
The mayor said she was able to secure a travel authority from the Department of the Interior and Local Government before leaving the country.
Her younger brother, Vice Mayor Sebastian “Baste” Duterte, has been designated as acting mayor until Saturday.
She said that all protocols for her return, including the reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction or RT-PCR testing and the 14-day quarantine, have been pre-arranged. (Antonio L. Colina IV / MindaNews)
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls