A MILITARY official in Central Mindanao believed the New People’s Army has continued to lose its grip on villages in Sultan Kudarat after a top leader and four members surrendered on Monday.
Lieutenant Colonel Romel Valencia, commanding officer of 7th Infantry Battalion, said the rebels surrendered to the headquarters of the battalion in Barangay Kalawag II, Isulan, Sultan Kudarat.
Valencia said the group, headed by its political officer, was part of the Sub-Regional Committee Daguma, Far South Mindanao Region (FSMR). The rebels turned over several several rifles and other personal belongings.
Major General Juvymax R. Uy, commander of the 6th Infantry Division and the Joint Task Force Central, said the surrender manifested the waning of support for the group particularly in the area of operations of the unit.
Uy said that since January, 37 rebels have already surrendered.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy