LAW ENFORCERS arrested a nephew of late leader of the New People’s Army and a man on a sports car in separate operations against illegal substances this week.
First to get arrested was Jonathan Elegio Pitao, 34, laborer, of Barangay 23-C during an operation on Sunday. Three days later, soldiers supervising the Sirawan checkpoint collared
Zyrone Rois Pedregosa Manansala while trying to escape in his sports car.
Captain Rosario Aguilar, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said Pitao, nephew of the late Leoncio Pitao, known in the revolutionary movement as Kumander Parago, was arrested while trying to sell a sachet of shabu to a police officer pretending to be a user of the prohibited substance.
Seized from him were eight sachets of shabu, a mobile phone, a handgun and other personal effects.
On the other hand, Colonel Consolito Yecla, Task Force Davao commander, said Manansala, who was traveling to the city from Gensan, tried to evade the soldiers supervising the Sirawan checkpoint.
The soldiers then pursued him as he was eventually captured at Agton St. Toril while still in his sports car.
Seized from him was a container with marijuana inside.
Criminal complaints were still being prepared against them.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021