LAW ENFORCERS arrested a nephew of late leader of the New People’s Army and a man on a sports car in separate operations against illegal substances this week.
First to get arrested was Jonathan Elegio Pitao, 34, laborer, of Barangay 23-C during an operation on Sunday. Three days later, soldiers supervising the Sirawan checkpoint collared
Zyrone Rois Pedregosa Manansala while trying to escape in his sports car.
Captain Rosario Aguilar, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said Pitao, nephew of the late Leoncio Pitao, known in the revolutionary movement as Kumander Parago, was arrested while trying to sell a sachet of shabu to a police officer pretending to be a user of the prohibited substance.
Seized from him were eight sachets of shabu, a mobile phone, a handgun and other personal effects.
On the other hand, Colonel Consolito Yecla, Task Force Davao commander, said Manansala, who was traveling to the city from Gensan, tried to evade the soldiers supervising the Sirawan checkpoint.
The soldiers then pursued him as he was eventually captured at Agton St. Toril while still in his sports car.
Seized from him was a container with marijuana inside.
Criminal complaints were still being prepared against them.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls