THE Mati City government was declared the regional winner of the Department of Agriculture-Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources’ (DA-Bfar) 2020 Malinis at Masaganang Karagatan (MMK) Search for Outstanding Coastal Community.
In an awarding ceremony Friday, March 26, the City of Mati received P2 million cheque plus plaque of recognition from DA-Bfar.
No less than Mayor Michelle Nakpil Rabat received the award held at the Honey’s Convention Hall in Mati City with officials from DA, BFAR and other LGUs attending.
According to Mayor Michelle Rabat, the winning prize will be used for the continuing mangrove protection in Guang-Guang Mangrove Park and for additional budget for the fisherfolks in Mati.
“May award man o wala, we will still protect our environment because the City of Mati would not be where we are now without these abundant marine resources,” Mayor Michelle said.
Municipality of San Isidro Mayor Justina Yu also received P1M cheque plus plaque of recognition for winning the 2nd place while the Garden City of Samal received P500K and plaque of recognition for winning 3rd place.
Tagum City and Municipality of Lupon also received plaque of recognition for winning 4th and 5th place, respectively.
Other officials who attended the event were BFAR Regional Director Raul Millana, Davao Oriental Vice Governor Niño Uy, City of Mati Council Committee Chair on Agriculture Eric Rabat, and Mati City Local Government Operations Officer Joseph Porgatorio.
The Search for MMK aims to recognize outstanding initiatives and contributions of coastal municipalities or cities to sustainable fisheries management.
Strict implementation of the minimum health standards was observed all throughout the event.
Meanwhile, the City of Mati will automatically vie for the national level competition of MMK this year.(CIO MATI)
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange