THE DAVAO City Police Office (DCPO) will deploy personnel to 35 churches in the city not only to provide security during the Holy Week commemoration, but also to ensure that churchgoers follow the minimum health standards.
DCPO spokesperson The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) will deploy personnel to the 35 churches in the city to ensure a peaceful observance of Holy week as well as to ensure that social distancing is being observed among churchgoers.
Captain Rosario Aguilar, DCPO spokesperson, said the deployment of personnel is part of Oplan 18-2021, the program for the Holy Week.
“The Davao City Police Office will deploy personnel in all churches that will conduct mass based on what has been agreed upon that masses and no other activities (are to be held) to gather churchgoers,” Aguilar said.
She said police personnel will also ensure that churchgoers follow the two-meter physical distance rule and that churches must only have 50% in capacity, as churchgoers are also allowed to stay outside provided they observe physical distance.
She added the office has yet to come up with the number of personnel to be deployed as this will be based on the number of personnel of each police station. “Of course, in this kind of activity, police stations are in full force to provide security in churches,” she added.
She also reminded churchgoers to avoid bringing prohibited things inside churches like weapons as churches will also observe a one-entry point policy.
“If you are a senior citizen or with illnesses or minors it’s better to celebrate masses online,” she added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success