POLICE reported that the trader who was shot dead Monday afternoon was implicated in some criminal activities, including scams.
City Police Office Director Kirby John Kraft said Wilhelm Pocot Cubelo was being investigated for his involvement in some scam activities in the cities of Pagadian and Tagum.
He added that the victim was also facing cases for illegal possession of firearms and usurpation of authority after he and two others allegedly introduced themselves when they interfered in the arrest of a suspect in an estafa case.
Cubelo, who was with his girlfriend, was riding a vehicle, when men in another vehicle shot them near a business building in JP Laurel Ave.
He died at the Southern Philippines Medical Center where he and his girlfriend, Lynrose Toralba Sarahino, were brought for treatment. The latter is still in a serious condition as of presstime.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat