Criztian Pitt “Golden Boy” Laurente of Gen. Santos City remained undefeated after he beat former world title challenger Ernesto Saulong of Mindoro Occidental by a unanimous decision Saturday, March March 20 at the Binan City in Laguna.
The 21-year-old Laurente of the Penalosa Boxing Gym used his hit and turn around on the right side to avoid a possible retaliation by Saulong.
It was always the same style by Laurente but was effective against Saulong, who got frustrated as he was not able to hit back against Laurente.
It was only in the 5th round that Saulong landed several blows against Laurente. But Laurente went back to his plan against Saulong in the next three rounds.
Judges Fernando Batistil and Al Llaneta scored at 77-75 while Judge Salvador Lopez had it 78-74 all in favor of Laurente.
Laurente remained undefeated with six wins and three knockouts while the 31-year-old Saulong, a former WBC International bantamweight title, suffered his seventh loss against 22 wins and two draws.
Meanwhile, undefeated Kenneth Llover knockout Jemark Gandao in the 1st of round while minimumweight Harry Omac hit an overhead in 1st round to stop Mike Grondiano by a TKO.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021