The Alsons Power Group, Mindanao’s first private-sector power generator, recently turned over more than ₱10 million worth of medical equipment and emergency response vehicles to its host communities in Sarangani Province and Zamboanga City to help the local government units in both areas in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
The group’s Western Mindanao Power Corporation (WMPC) delivered an emergency response vehicle, a utility vehicle, face masks for 7,000 beneficiaries, several laptop and desk top computers, as well as bags of rice and other items to residents and officials of WMPC’s host barangay of Sangali in Zamboanga City. WMPC operates a 100 mega-watt (MW) diesel power plant supplying electricity to Zamboanga City and nearby areas.
In another part of Mindanao, Alsons Power’s Sarangani Energy Corporation (SEC) handed in a fully-equipped ambulance to the Provincial Government of Sarangani. The ambulance will be assigned to the newly inaugurated community hospital in the Municipality of Glan.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021