WELTERWEIGHT ADAM Diu “Big Daddy” Abdulhamid of Gen. Santos City stopped veteran Romeo “Hammer” Jakosalem of Davao City by a knockout in the 2nd round during the main event of the “Comeback Kings” held last March 17 at the Sanman Gym in Gen, Santos City.
Abdulhamid hit a bodyshot on the right and send twice Jakosalem down the canvas.
The 26-year-old Abdulhamid improved his record to 16 wins with eight knockouts against nine setbacks while Jakosalem suffered his 20 loss against 18 wins and one draw.
Abdulhamld hopes to go to the United States in his next fight.
“Diha gud padulong sir maka dula ko gawas (On the way sir I can play outside)” said Abdulhamid.
Meanwhile, super flyweight Froilan “The Sniper” Saludar scored a unanimous decision against Reymark Taday of Cotabato in the main supporting bout.
The other bouts:
Jake Bornea settled a technical draw with Nicong Calamba; Harmonito Dela Torre knockout Renan Portes in the 1st round; Carjun Carcosia stopped Jesril Vijano in the 2nd round; John Vincent Moralde scored a UD over Kim Lindog; RV Deniega settled a UD over Jovanie Tagusi; Jerry Francisco scored a UD over Jerry Tabago; Rimar Metuda knockout Eden Sonsona in the 3rd round; and Ian Sampan stopped Yoben Lemintillo in the 2nd round.
The bubble boxing event was promoted by Sanman. (Lito delos Reyes)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1