REIGNING International Boxing Federation World super flyweight champion Jerwin “Pretty Boy” Ancajas of Panabo City will defend his title against Jonathan Javier “Titan” Rodriguez of Mexico on April 10 at the Mohegan Site Casino in Connecticut, USA.
“Ngayon po excited na po na makabalik sa ring kasi yun nga po ma tagal tagal na di naka laban kaya’t excited na po talaga (Now I’m excited to be back in the ring because I haven’t fought for a long time, so I’m really excited),” said Ancajas.
Under the watchful eyes of manager-trainer Joven Jimenez, Ancajas has being sparred by Jonas “Zorro” Sultan (16W-5L-0D, 10KOs) and Eumir Felix Marcial both of Zamboanga City.
The 29-year-old Ancajas (32W-1L-2D, 22KOS) will be making his 9th title defense of the crown he won against McJoe Arroyo of Puerto Rico via a unanimous decision in 2016 at the Jurado Hall of the Philippine Marine Corp, Barangay Fort Bonifacio in Taguig City.
Ancajas did not have a fight last year because of the pandemic caused by COVID-19.
His last fight was against Miguel Gonzalez of Chile, who he beat by a technical knockout in the 6th round on Dec. 7, 2019 in Mexico.
“Both fighters are very aggressive style,” said Sean Simmons, head of MP Productions.
Simmons said that “Rodriguez is a traditional Mexican kid in great shape”.
The 25-year-old Rodriguez (22W-1L-0D, 16KOs) last fought against Julian Yedras of Mexico, who he knocked out in the 1st round on Dec. 4, 2020 at Las Lomas in Monterrey. (Lito delos Reyes)
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online