Davao Light and Power Co., Inc. together with its social development arm, Aboitiz Foundation Inc., donated hygiene kits to help affected families in the Municipality of Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte who were badly affected by the recent flooding caused by the Tropical Storm Auring.
The hygiene kits were delivered to the LGU of Sto. Tomas last March 3, 2021 which contains essentials like bath and laundry soap, shampoo, toothbrush, and toothpaste to help provide the basic sanitary needs of the affected families.
The supplies were turned over by Davao Light Panabo Branch Head Engr. Paul Michael Cazar and Reputation Department Head Fermin Edillon to the Sto. Tomas Sangguniang Bayan Councilors Julie Ylantequilla and Ronald Dimaya with the Sto. Tomas Mayor’s Office representatives Analyn Cabisarez and Jessile Libo-on.
“We provided them with hygiene kits to reduce the risk of getting any possible disease, especially that the COVID-19 pandemic is still ongoing. We want to help ensure that the victims feel safe as they return to their homes,” said Cazar.
Davao Light also advises the families affected to hire qualified or accredited electricians to check their power outlets and appliances that have come into contact with floodwater to ensure safety of the household.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021