MAYOR Sara Duterte decided to distribute to two agencies and police stations in Mindanao local government units towns 32 of the 43 motorcycles that the city government received from China Tuesday.
Duterte said other parts of Mindanao, just like the city, need these motorcycles to strengthen security.
“Mindanao is the Land of Promise, but the fulfillment of this promise hinges on the presence of the basic factors for growth and development of any community, foremost of which is peace and order,” she said.
She also pointed out the “need to strengthen the capability of our security units not only through trainings but through the provision of equipment and vehicles that will enable them to perform their functions to the best of their abilities.”
“It is my hope that with this act of goodwill we may continue to forge better connections with one another and together, ensure the safety, welfare, and well-being of the people of Mindanao for the years to come,” she added.
The mayor received the vehicles from Chinese Consul General Li Lin.
The two agencies that were beneficiaries of the donation were Criminal Investigation and Detection Group – Davao and the Philippine Coast Guard Southeastern Mindanao which both got two each.
The police stations were :Malita and Jose Abad Santos in Davao Occidental; Digos City in Davao del Sur; Panabo City, Carmen, Tagum City, and Island Garden City of Samal in Davao del Norte; Mati City in Davao Oriental; Nabunturan and Monkayo in Davao de Oro; General Santos City; Zamboanga City; Tangub City, Misamis Occidental; Bongao Tawi-Tawi; Jolo, Sulu; Iligan City; Marawi City; Tandag City; Surigao City; Butuan City; Cagayan de Oro City; and. Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence