MAYOR Sara Duterte decided to distribute to two agencies and police stations in Mindanao local government units towns 32 of the 43 motorcycles that the city government received from China Tuesday.
Duterte said other parts of Mindanao, just like the city, need these motorcycles to strengthen security.
“Mindanao is the Land of Promise, but the fulfillment of this promise hinges on the presence of the basic factors for growth and development of any community, foremost of which is peace and order,” she said.
She also pointed out the “need to strengthen the capability of our security units not only through trainings but through the provision of equipment and vehicles that will enable them to perform their functions to the best of their abilities.”
“It is my hope that with this act of goodwill we may continue to forge better connections with one another and together, ensure the safety, welfare, and well-being of the people of Mindanao for the years to come,” she added.
The mayor received the vehicles from Chinese Consul General Li Lin.
The two agencies that were beneficiaries of the donation were Criminal Investigation and Detection Group – Davao and the Philippine Coast Guard Southeastern Mindanao which both got two each.
The police stations were :Malita and Jose Abad Santos in Davao Occidental; Digos City in Davao del Sur; Panabo City, Carmen, Tagum City, and Island Garden City of Samal in Davao del Norte; Mati City in Davao Oriental; Nabunturan and Monkayo in Davao de Oro; General Santos City; Zamboanga City; Tangub City, Misamis Occidental; Bongao Tawi-Tawi; Jolo, Sulu; Iligan City; Marawi City; Tandag City; Surigao City; Butuan City; Cagayan de Oro City; and. Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success