ABOUT P3.75 million in properties were lost when fire burned down 300 houses in Purok IKP and San Jose, Brgy Duterte Tuesday afternoon.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, Investigation and Intelligence chief of the Bureau of Fire and Protection 11, said the fire started at the ceiling of the house of Vanessa Diaz and abruptly escalated to nearby houses because all were made of light materials.
The agency sent 10 fire trucks, a water tender truck, a special rescue unit vehicles and personnel to put off the fire.
Gillado said the fire was declared out after about five hours as Mario Cellona, 68 and bed-ridden, was rescued.
He said the fire victims were temporarily sheltered at the gym of the barangay.
Share this post:
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence