ABOUT P3.75 million in properties were lost when fire burned down 300 houses in Purok IKP and San Jose, Brgy Duterte Tuesday afternoon.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, Investigation and Intelligence chief of the Bureau of Fire and Protection 11, said the fire started at the ceiling of the house of Vanessa Diaz and abruptly escalated to nearby houses because all were made of light materials.
The agency sent 10 fire trucks, a water tender truck, a special rescue unit vehicles and personnel to put off the fire.
Gillado said the fire was declared out after about five hours as Mario Cellona, 68 and bed-ridden, was rescued.
He said the fire victims were temporarily sheltered at the gym of the barangay.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC