ABOUT P3.75 million in properties were lost when fire burned down 300 houses in Purok IKP and San Jose, Brgy Duterte Tuesday afternoon.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, Investigation and Intelligence chief of the Bureau of Fire and Protection 11, said the fire started at the ceiling of the house of Vanessa Diaz and abruptly escalated to nearby houses because all were made of light materials.
The agency sent 10 fire trucks, a water tender truck, a special rescue unit vehicles and personnel to put off the fire.
Gillado said the fire was declared out after about five hours as Mario Cellona, 68 and bed-ridden, was rescued.
He said the fire victims were temporarily sheltered at the gym of the barangay.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success