GROUPS pushing or the approval of the extension of the Bangsamoro transition period announced Wednesday about one million signatures were collected to appeal to President Rodrigo R. Duterte to certify the congressional proposal as urgent.
“Today, more than one million people have made their voices heard through our online petition calling on President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to certify as urgent the legislative proposals now pending in the House of Representatives and the Senate to extend the Bangsamoro transition period by another three years,” the groups said in a statement.
The online petition was resorted to because of the challenges in holding gatherings, including rallies, to push for the proposal.
The signatories of the petition, they added, “are not just people within the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao but also from outside the region who expected to see the peace agreement between the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front succeed and usher in genuine development for the Bangsamoro people and the rest of Mindanao.”
“We are confident that President Duterte and our dear national legislators will listen to this outpouring of support for the Bangsamoro transition,” they said even as they thanked those instrumental in gathering the signatures as well the signatories.
The President has earlier expressed his support to the call, which will provide the Bangsamoro Transition Authority, the government, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and other groups in fully implementing the key points in the peace agreement, including the complete decommissioning of the revolutionary regulars.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid