GROUPS pushing or the approval of the extension of the Bangsamoro transition period announced Wednesday about one million signatures were collected to appeal to President Rodrigo R. Duterte to certify the congressional proposal as urgent.
“Today, more than one million people have made their voices heard through our online petition calling on President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to certify as urgent the legislative proposals now pending in the House of Representatives and the Senate to extend the Bangsamoro transition period by another three years,” the groups said in a statement.
The online petition was resorted to because of the challenges in holding gatherings, including rallies, to push for the proposal.
The signatories of the petition, they added, “are not just people within the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao but also from outside the region who expected to see the peace agreement between the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front succeed and usher in genuine development for the Bangsamoro people and the rest of Mindanao.”
“We are confident that President Duterte and our dear national legislators will listen to this outpouring of support for the Bangsamoro transition,” they said even as they thanked those instrumental in gathering the signatures as well the signatories.
The President has earlier expressed his support to the call, which will provide the Bangsamoro Transition Authority, the government, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and other groups in fully implementing the key points in the peace agreement, including the complete decommissioning of the revolutionary regulars.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success